It's an unfortunate fact of business life that from time to time there will be disagreement between the taxpayer and HMRC. Sometimes it is the facts of the case that are in question but it is also often the legislation itself that is in question. Tax isn't always black and white and where this is the case we are happy to argue your case in the strongest possible terms.
As a taxpayer you have many rights and we will ensure they are never forgotten by HMRC.
Disputes can arise in all sorts of areas outside of full enquiries and investigations including...
- Employment status disputes
- Repairs v capital disputes
- Private usage adjustments
- Capital allowances - is it plant or property?
- Settlements legislation - the classic husband and wife company scenario
- Valuations for tax purposes
- Is it a trading activity?
- VAT segregation of businesses to avoid registration
- Employee benefit disputes
We have the specialist tax knowledge to assist with a wide range of tax disputes.